Mandy Thomas answered the call to travel from Texas to New York City to fight the coronavirus as a traveling nurse. In this emotional episode, Mandy shares what it’s really like going to work to treat NYC patients who are fighting for the lives to beat COVID-19. She also shares how we can support our health care providers during this challenging time. Learn what she hopes to teach others, including the family she left behind, about her decision to join the front lines during a global pandemic.
- What a day looks like as a health care professional in New York City.
- The story behind her decision to leave her family behind to join the front lines of NYC.
- The difference between quarantine, isolation, and social distancing.
- What she hopes her kids will learn from this time.
- How we can help our health care workers right now.
- What she wants others to know about COVID-19.
- The biggest misconceptions she wants to clear up.
About Mandy Thomas
Mandy Thomas is a mom of two living in North Texas. At the time of this recording, she is a CRNA working as an RT while in New York City. Prior to her time in New York, she administered anesthesia in OR and OB in North Dallas, Texas.
Follow Mandy’s Journey on Social
Other ways to enjoy this episode
Download the Mandy Thomas Interview transcript
Join the She Lives Podcast Facebook Group
Listen on iTunes